Youdim Pharmaceuticals is developing a novel oral drug, MT-031, for the treatment of the symptoms related to Alzheimer’s Disease. MT-031 structure combines Rivastigmine (Exelon) and Rasagiline (Azilect) moieties and it has the beneficial properties of both and more. The molecule and its indications are protected by a recently granted US and EP patents.
Market and Business Opportunity
Alzheimer’s disease (AD) is a subtype of dementia and is an irreversible, neurodegenerative brain disease of the elderly. AD is characterized by the death of brain cells, which leads to a progressive decline in memory and cognitive abilities including thinking, language, and learning capacity (National Institute on Aging, 2019). AD is the most common cause of dementia in people ages 60 years and older, and accounts for approximately 75% of the total dementia cases worldwide. In 2018, GlobalData estimated that the global AD market reached $2.2 billion across the eight major markets (China, US, Japan, Germany, Italy, France, UK and Spain). By the end of the forecast period in 2028, sales across these markets will reach $12.9 billion, increasing at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 19.3% over the 10-year forecast period.
The AD market is unique in its level of unmet clinical and environmental need. The current market consists of four main brands—Eisai/Pfizer’s Aricept (Donepezil hydrochloride), Novartis’ Exelon (Rivastigmine), Janssen’s Razadyne (Galantamine), and Allergan/Lundbeck/Merz’s Namenda (Memantine hydrochloride)—all of which can confer modest symptomatic benefits.
Is a multifunctional drug designed for the treatment of dementia and Alzheimer Disease. Its structure combines Rivastigmine (Exelon) and Rasagiline (Azilect) moieties. It works as a dual Acetylcholinesterase (AChE) and Butyrylcholinesterase (BuChE) inhibitor as well a selective irreversible inhibition of MAO-A.
Our findings demonstrated that MT-031 has the following attributes:
- Strategic collaboration with Pharmaceutical companies
- Investment for IND
- Validated patient need
- Superior ability over current treatments
- Highly experienced management team
- strong IP
The molecule, its derivatives and applications are protected by the US and European recently granted patent.
- Dr. Santiago Ini, CEO Is an Organic Chemist expert in innovation in the life science sector. Former Director of Life Science of T3 (Tech. transfer office of the Technion), Director of Cannasoul and founder of Mental Heal and Glaucopharm.
- Mr. Tal Youdim, Chairman Medical device expert with a large experience in designing medical devices for different fields of applications, with vast Knowledge in drug device combinations and the founder of several start up company’s including Neuroptic.
- Prof. Moussa Youdim , Founder A world-renowned expert in pharmacology, the inventor and developer of the innovative Parkinson’s disease drug “Azilect”, Teva’s second largest innovative blockbuster, with annual revenues on $700M and Selegiline, an MAO-B inhibitor for PD treatment.
- Prof. Eli Heldman, CSO, Director A pharmacologist with more than 40 years of experience in the development of drugs for neurodegenerative diseases, in particular Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease and drug delivery systems. One of the EVOXAC inventors, he co-founded NeuroDerm Ltd., Israel (NASDAQ: NDRM) later sold to Mitsubishi. For $1.1B.
Email – Tal.Youdim@Youdim.com